The first meeting of Presbyterians in the Effingham area was recorded in 1834. The actual organization of a church, however, did not take place until 1864. In 1967, our present building at Temple and Maple was completed and dedicated.
Having served this community for over 150 years, our congregation looks toward the future with great excitement and optimism. Though the world has changed in many ways over the life of our church (and not always for the better), changing times cannot, and will not shake the sure foundation of our faith in Jesus Christ, nor will they give us cause to doubt the solid work of those generations of believers who came before us.